East Greenwich Solar Carports
- The East Greenwich Solar Carports Installation was completed in October of 2017.
- The project was composed of 1.7 MW of solar panels covering several sidewalks, parking areas, and school entrances.
- Both Mickle and Clark Schools utilized roof mounted and caport mounted solar panels to achieve a massive solar array.
- Design a layout to maximize the amount of solar while avoiding obstructing sidewalks and underground utilities.
- Engineer foundation for project in low elevation area with clay soil conditions
- Complete the 1.7 Mw array in three months.
- Adjust the elevation of each column to maintain a linear appearance across uneven and sloping terrain.
- The East Greenwich solar array was completed avoiding underground obstructions without major layout modification.
- The resulting array successfully covered the intended walking paths and overhangs above school entrances.
- The completed project provided the aesthetics and functionality that was originally expressed by the customer.
- Original East Greenwich Solar Power Purchase Agreement RFP.
East Greenwich PPA RFP
- Article on the solar development, although originally bid by Solar City, was eventually awarded to HESP Solar.
East Greenwich Schools plans solar energy project.
Content Not Available at This Time.