Patriot Solar Group has always delivered a high quality and competitively priced product as well as flexible installation services during their collaboration with Martifer Solar USA. They have approached each project with a professional demeanor and with the creativity necessary to overcome the challenges that have arisen.
- Daniel Dus
COO, Martifer Solar USA
Patriot Solar Group has had a long standing relationship with Martifer Solar, completing over 5MW of projects to date. Patriot worked closely with Martifer’s engineering team to meet specific cap requirements and minimize soil disturbance as much as possible.
PSG’s in-house installation crew provided site preparation services prior to installing the solar racking system. Each ballast location required four inches of compacted, crushed stone. The stone acts as a barrier between the cap soils and concrete block to prevent thermal shifting due to freeze/thaw conditions.
Installers used specialized low pressure ground equipment to minimize soil disturbance and to make sure the PSF weight did not exceed cap conditions. This equipment was especially critical to use during the Spring months with excessive rain and thawing top soil.
- Customize Rail lengths to maximize limited area of landfill cap using strings of thirteen modules.
- Engineer solar racking system to accommodate slopes up to 5°.
- Design concrete blocks to meet windload, snowload, height clearance and specific PSG requirements.
- Prepare the cap and install solar racking system with minimal soil disturbance during wet Spring conditions.
- Racking system met all design criteria at a cost effective price for material and installation.
- PSG installers completed racking installation in less than two weeks under less than ideal weather conditions.
- Patriot’s construction managers worked closely with electrical contractors to make sure the entire project timeline stayed on schedule and met all critical deadlines.